Our workshops are designed to give you the confidence you need to overcome the fear, frustration, and anxiety associated with difficult conversations. These workshops will help you to communicate confidently, deal with difficult people, and get what you deserve.
Who am I?
Greetings! My name is Kwame Christian Esq., M.A. I’m a business lawyer and I’m passionate about teaching professionals like you how to negotiate and be more persuasive. The best things in life often lie on the other side of a difficult conversation. Improving these skills will lead to financial gain, career advancement, effective collaboration, improved performance, and increased confidence in difficult conversations.
I’ve had the privilege of being invited to speak all around the country (see below) and have been invited to be a guest expert on over 40 radio shows and podcasts, both domestically and internationally.
The American Negotiation Institute also produces the show “Negotiate Anything,” the top ranked negotiation podcast on iTunes. The show has been downloaded over 350,000 times and has listeners in 181 different countries. Click here to see our most popular episodes.
My TEDx Talk, Finding Confidence in Conflict, was viewed over 24,000 times in less than 24 hours and was the most popular TEDx Talk on conflict and negotiation of 2017.
- Ohio State Moritz College of Law (Top Ranked Dispute Resolution Program in the U.S.): Juris Doctor
- John Glenn College of Public Affairs: Master of Public Policy and Management
- The Ohio State University: Bachelor of Arts in Psychology with Minors in Spanish and Foundations of Law
Honors and Awards:
- Selected as Rising Star by Super Lawyers (less than 2.5% of attorneys receive this honor)
- Volunteer Assistant Negotiation Coach for the Ohio State University Moritz College of Law Negotiation Team
- American Bar Association Regional Negotiation Competition Champion- won regional competition comprised of law schools representing Indiana, Ohio, Michigan, Kentucky and Ontario
- American Bar Association National Negotiation Competition Semifinalist- qualified for national competition and reached semifinals of the national competition
- Two-time Lawrence Negotiation Competition Co-Champion- won the annual intraschool negotiation competition at the The Ohio State University Moritz College of Law
- U.S. District Court for the Southern District of Ohio
Highlighted Speaking Engagements
- How to Use Negotiation to Build Trust and Persuade Clients; The National Association of Personal Financial Advisors Spring National Conference, Phoenix, Arizona
- Conflict Management and Negotiation Strategies for Fundraising Professionals; The Ronald McDonald House Midwest Summit, Columbus, Ohio
- Negotiation for Creatives; Columbus State Community College of Art and Design, Columbus, Ohio
- The Art of Negotiating: Panel Discussion; The National Black MBA Association
- Finding Confidence in Conflict; TedxDayton, Dayton, Ohio
- How to Use Negotiation to Move the Bottom Line; The National Association of Personal Financial Advisors Fall National Conference, Orlando, Florida
- How to Use Body Language to Understand Your Clients and Colleagues; The Women’s Initiative of the National Association of Personal Financial Advisors, Phoenix, Arizona
- Negotiating Like a Boss; Dayton Startup Week, Dayton, Ohio
- How to Negotiate and Manage Conflict Within Your Company; National Association of Women Business Owners’ Visionary Leadership Conference, Columbus
- The Art of Negotiation; Women for Economic and Leadership Development, Columbus,
- Advanced Negotiation Strategies; Ohio State Bar Association Continuing Legal
- Education, Columbus, Ohio and Live Streamed to lawyers across the state
- Difficult Conversations: How to Manage Conflict as Attorneys; Ohio State Bar
- Association Continuing Legal Education, Columbus, Ohio and Live Streamed to lawyers across the state
- Legal Negotiation Success; Ohio State Bar Association Continuing Legal Education,
- Columbus, Ohio and Live Streamed to lawyers across the state
- Negotiation Strategies; Ohio State Bar Association Continuing Legal Education,
- Columbus, Ohio and Live Streamed to lawyers across the state (presented multiple times)
- Negotiation Skills – to Give Your Business a Competitive Edge; Innovate New Albany, New Albany, Ohio
- Negotiation for Real Estate Investors; Central Ohio Real Estate Entrepreneurs, Dublin, Ohio
- Negotiation 103, High Level Negotiation Strategies (recurring series); The Central Ohio Minority Business Association, Columbus, Ohio
- Negotiation 102, How to Deal with Difficult People (recurring series); The Central Ohio Minority Business Association, Columbus, Ohio
- Negotiation 101, Introduction to Negotiation;
- Central Ohio Minority Business Association, Columbus, Ohio (recurring series)
- The Bell National Resource Center Annual Conference, Mount Sterling, Ohio The Ohio State University, Columbus, Ohio
- How to Make Persuasive Arguments in Public Health; Delivered to Public Health Professionals in the following locations:
- Baltimore, Maryland Akron, Ohio Detroit, Michigan Dayton, Ohio Cleveland, Ohio Columbus, Ohio Orlando, Florida
- The Art of Negotiation and How to Use it in Your Everyday Lives (Part One); The Ohio State University, Columbus, Ohio
- The Art of Negotiation and How to Use it in Your Everyday Lives (Part Two); The Ohio State University, Columbus, Ohio
- Studies Caribbean Business, Culture and History
- Intermediate Spanish Competency
- Ranked in 87th percentile on Chess.com international play